- This event has passed.
POPI Act Compliance – First Steps
February 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
(ISC)² Gauteng Chapter presents this informative virtual session on POPIA Compliance. The core message behind POPIA is to protect citizens from harm and organisations need to be aware of its requirements. If you choose to process personal information then POPIA Compliance is about how to do it lawfully in South Africa.
Data protection requirements have existed in other countries for a while now and the key deadline of 1 July 2021 is looming for POPIA Compliance. The Information Regulator is likely to impose penalties for non-compliance. Few businesses can afford the penalties or damage to reputation.
Some questions organisations are asking:
- Can I do this with the internal team?
- Is POPIA the IT Department’s problem?
- What is the minimum that needs to get done?
- Are there any free tools available?
All attendees will receive access to the following free tools:
- A checklist of POPIA & PAIA requirements
- Implementation plan
- Data mapping template for self-mapping
- CIS 20 self-assessment
- POPI Act request management software
- 30-day free breach prevention software
18h30 – 18h40: Welcome and Update (Dinesh Govender – Chapter President)
18h40 – 19h55: POPI Act Compliance – First Steps (DV Dronamraju – CEO – InfoSecEnforcer)
19h55 – 20h25: Q&A Session (Coordinated by Stan Loam)
20h25 – 20h30: Closing (Sunjay Ramessur)