Advancing the Cybersecurity community in South Africa
(ISC)² Gauteng Chapter Welcomes You
The Gauteng Information Security Chapter NPC is a registered non-profit organisation established in 2012 to promote the advancement of Cybersecurity and operates the only South African chapter of (ISC)² the world’s leading Cybersecurity Professional Organisation.
(ISC)² has a simple vision – “Inspire a Safe and Secure Cyber World” – This is a vision close to the hearts of our members.
Our mission is to enable members to build a local network of peers, to share knowledge, exchange resources, collaborate on projects, and participate in activities to earn continuing professional education(CPE) credits.
Our chapter events expose members to knowledge sharing from industry leaders. The community is focused on helping the development of leaders and professionals in information security and cybersecurity. We aim to keep our members informed of the latest developments, techniques and policies. We also promote awareness of the profession and educate the public on how to counter security threats.
(ISC)² is an international non-profit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for its acclaimed vendor-neutral Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)² offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Globally, CISSP certified professionals are over 140 000 strong, making up certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry.
Our members consist of professionals who hold at least one (ISC)² credential in good standing, associate members or approved interns. Our chapter focuses on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas among our members. Ultimately, we want to advance the field of cybersecurity by educating practitioners and the public at large on how to protect and defend against cybersecurity threats
Our scheduled chapter events are open to our members. We strive to involve experienced professionals who are subject matter experts with hands-on knowledge and expertise at our events.
The (ISC)² Gauteng Chapter provides its members with the opportunity to share knowledge, collaborate on projects, and promote security awareness within our community. This is only possible with sponsorship and we extend our gratitude to our generous sponsors.
Is the CISSP certification for you?
- Thought Leadership – “A CISO greatest challenge – How Secure is my organisation?”We live in a world of constant change. Covid-19 has accelerated our mobility and digital transformation strategies in the short space of 18 months. It has created a new way of working; the work from home or the hybrid scenario of work from home/office has become the new … Read More
- Latest Chapter Selection From The (ISC)² Blog
- This Week – Cybersecurity In The NewsCybersecurity News Updates. So if you were wondering if cybersecurity incidents are decreasing in the world? Not a chance !!!
- Grab A Brew Chapter Meeting RecapThanks to all who attended our chapter meeting on 23 April 2021. A number of cybersecurity topics that were trending recently were discussed by members. Here follows a list of some of the topics and some thoughts shared in the meeting. Latest on the Solarwinds Hack Many companies … Read More
- Chapter Intern MembershipIf you are an undergraduate student who is interested in a career in cybersecurity, or maybe just would like to increase your knowledge of cybersecurity, you may consider joining the (ISC)² Gauteng Chapter as an intern member and the best part of it is membership is FREE to … Read More